(On Saturdays and Sundays my blog posts will give you a verse to study. I won’t give you the reference….you have to find it for yourself. I will then ask you some questions)
“My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.”
- When you read this verse, what image comes to mind? Do you see the psalmist on his knees with his hands lifted towards Heaven?
- From where was God’s Law given in the OT?
- Why was it given from a mountain top?
- How did Isaiah view God?
- Compare your thoughts with this verse:”Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17
- Does James 1:7 remind us that God is “above”us and “up”?
- Can God ever be beneath us?
- Then why do we want to remain steadfast in our sins and afar off from what is holy? Shouldn’t we continually be looking and reaching up towards Him?
*** HELPFUL TIP ***
If you do not own a concordance or commentary, try downloading the e-sword app to your phone or tablet. This app can be VERY useful when you want to do a word study or find a verse when you are on the go.
Until Next Time, Lord willing,